Katie's Peachy Clean Cleaning Checklist - House Cleaning Service in Tulsa, OK
Updated: Apr 7
Are you ready to have a clean home and get started with our house cleaning service? Your first Initial Clean is a really big deal.
The goal is to scrub away all of the dirt, dust, and petrified grime that has set up shop in the corners and surfaces of your home.
On average these cleanings take about twice as long as a standard "Maintenance Clean" because instead of a thorough scrub and wipe, it's more of a pre-treat, scrub-scrub-scrub, and then wipe. It's a very detailed process that takes some time to do it right.
We work very efficiently. We have a proven method of cleaning that gets your home cleaned faster. It's one of the reasons people choose us to clean their homes - we don't mess around. We would never intentionally go slow to rack up your cleaning bill, we don't like that game, and we know you don't either.
Keep reading for our detailed Cleaning process:
Throughout the entire home:
- We start by removing all the cobwebs from the corners, ceiling, and walls. We bring a 2-step ladder with us to gently dust light fixtures and ceiling fans by hand. We also dust air vents.
- We will then start dusting all window blinds. If your blinds haven't been dusted in quite awhile it takes more than just a quick feather dust to get them cleaned in which case they would instead be vacuumed (mini blinds can only be feather dusted due to their fragile nature)
- We start by shaking and taking out the bathmats. We will also vacuum them if possible
- Showers are treated for mold/mildew/and soap scum, scrubbed, disinfected, and then dried out, polishing faucet fixtures as well
- Shower glass doors are treated for hard water spots, scrubbed, and cleaned with a glass cleaner to finish
- Bathtubs are treated for mold/mildew/and soap scum, scrubbed, disinfected, and then dried out.
- Toilets are scrubbed inside the bowl, disinfected, and then wiped on top, fronts, sides, and bottom, including all surrounding floors and baseboards.
- Clean mirrors to a streak-free finish. Sink and counter disinfected and scrubbed clean - moving items to clean underneath them. Dusting and cleaning items as we put them back. And we polish all of the faucets.
- We make sure to tidy up by folding the towels, emptying the waste baskets, and re-lining them.
- To finish up the bathrooms we vacuum them, and then hand wash them on our hands and knees, and then once they dry we replace the bathmats.
General Cleaning of all living areas and bedrooms:
- Dusting: We use a damp microfiber cloth with dusting solution to remove the dust instead of just moving it around. Dry microfiber on electronics, of course.
- We dust all furniture tops, fronts, and sides. This includes but is not limited to: bed frames, bookshelves, desks, nightstands, end tables, coffee tables, and entertainment centers.
- We dust all shelves and picture frames reachable with a 2-step stepladder
- We also clean glass mirrors that are safely reachable and sturdy
- Clean the glass on office/study doors and clean the inside and outside glass of the front and back door
- Make all of the beds (For safety reasons we do not make beds that are top bunks or loft beds). Linen service is also available as an add-on (see below)
- Vacuum upholstery cushions in the living room.
- Remove all trash and re-line waste baskets.
- We'll scrub down the back-splash with extra attention to high use areas like around the stove and sink.
- Move all items on the counter to clean into the corners and wipe all of those items down before replacing them. Disinfecting and scrubbing clean all counter tops.
- Wipe down small counter top appliances.
- Clean inside and outside of microwave.
- Strip/disassemble stove top grates to clean them thoroughly in the sink.
- Treat stove top for burnt on food rings and grease. Scrub, disinfect, and then polish to finish, including underneath oven knobs.
- Scrub and disinfect sink, and then dry out and polish if applicable
- Wipe down outside of larger appliances and polish stainless steel.
- Empty and re-line kitchen waste basket
- For the eat-in area we will clean the glass door inside and outside
- Wipe down and disinfect the table, chairs, and chair legs
- Utility room: Wipe down tops, fronts, and sides of washer and dryer unit
- Vacuuming: We vacuum all carpet as well as bare floors (we don't use brooms as those will only fly the dirt around), getting as far under beds as we can reach, and vacuuming under small/medium sized rugs.
- Stairways: Stair rails will be hand wiped and dusted, carpeted stairs will be vacuumed and hardwood stairs will be hand washed
- Mopping: We use a brand new mop head for each room to make sure they are getting cleaned with fresh new solution. We never double-dip our mop into our floor cleaning bucket. Paying special attention to hard wood making sure are mops are not overly wet.
Laundry Service Add-ons
*Add-ons must be agreed upon in advanced and will be set into the pricing for each cleaning. They aren't available on occasion or on short notice
- Linen service: $10/bed - All bedding will be stripped upon arrival and washed/dried and replaced back onto the beds. You could also choose to leave fresh linens on the beds for us to put on instead.
- Towel service $20 - All towels/washrags in the bathrooms and kitchen will be washed/dried and replaced back into the rooms
- Bathmat service $20 - All bathmats would be washed on gentle cycle/dried and replaced back in bathrooms
Deep Cleaning Tasks On Rotation
- Hand washing all baseboards
- Hand washing exterior of cabinets and drawers in bathrooms, utility room, and kitchen
- Hand washing all doors/door frames and light switch plates
- Window blind deep cleaning (includes vacuuming dust off and hand washing - mini blinds excluded)
Call us today for a quick free house cleaning estimate!
Eco-Friendly green house cleaning service serving Tulsa and surrounding areas.
Like us on Facebook!
Tulsa house cleaning service
House cleaning services in Tulsa
Professional house cleaning service in Tulsa
Tulsa maid service
Tulsa house cleaners
Tulsa house cleaning